Major fire broke out at a cloth showroom on Friday late night at Aliganj. SO Aliganj
Fire engulfed the account section of Skill Development Mission office on Wednesday morning resulting in burning of computers, files, furniture & lamps and other items.
Chief Fire Officer Abhaydan Pandey told media persons that at 9:27 am on Wednesday, fire spread on first floor at the office of Skill Development Mission situated near Kapoorthala in Aliganj. People on seeing the smoke billowing out of the building informed the police control room. The Aliganj police and two fire-brigade teams from Indiranagar rushed to the spot. Seeing the huge fire, Indiranagar team called two additional teams from Hazratganj and one from the Gomti Nagar. Fire-brigade tenders then extinguished the fire but smoke spread in the building. Fire tender teams somehow broke the window-glasses so that smoke would be released from the windows. After 1.5 hours, they controlled the situation. But some of the items including computer, furniture, AC were completely turned into ashes.
However, the reason of fire has not been ascertained. Fire-tenders suspect that short-circuit might be the reason. But, investigation is going on.
Many fire incidents have taken place in government offices, they include:
15 May, 2016- Kissan Mandi Bhawan
23 Nov, 2015- Bapu Bhawan
18 Oct, 2015- Shakti Bhawan, 2 nd floor
4 Sep, 2015- Sunni Central Wakf Board at Mall Avenue
5 Aug, 2015- Swasthya Bhawan
14 June, 2015- Swasthya Bhawan
10 May, 2015- Indira Bhawan