Fire broke in a leather factory of Ghaziabad district on Friday morning. Uptil now 13 people
A police constable sustained serious injuries after an LPG cylinder exploded at a tea stall at Takrohi, Indira Nagar following fire that engulfed the tea stall late on Tuesday night. The constable, who was identified as Sheru had rushed to the spot with sub-inspector Sarfaraz on receiving the news of fire at the stall. No sooner than they reached the spot an LPG cylinder kept at the tea stall exploded seriously injuring the cop.
He was rushed to Ram Manoha Lohiya Hospital, from where doctors referred him to KGMU Trauma Centre.
Takrohi Station Incharge, Indira Nagar, Avnish Kumar told media persons that Shahid, a resident of Varanasi, has a teal stall in Mayawati colony. He sleeps at his shop. At around 1.30 am while he was fast asleep, fire erupted at his shop. It soon spread at the stall.
Shahid woke up informed the modern control room. On receiving the information, power 26 vehicle reached the spot. As soon as the constable Sheru Khan entered the stall, an LPG cylinder kept there exploded. Khan received serious injuries and was rushed to the hospital.
Fire tenders from Indira Nagar also reached the spot and douse the fire. However, the stall had turned into ashes by the time. According to Indira Nagar police, fire erupted at stall due to short-circuit.