The soyah saag is lot more than just a soyah-methi ki sabzi. Soyah (Dill weed herb, Botanical name: Anethem gaveolens) is a rich source of vitamins B,C & A along with calcium and iron and other elements.
But do you also know:
- It helps in controlling blood cholestrol levels, keeps skin healthy ad assists good vision (due to vitamin A content).
- The sprigs of dill have anti-septic and digestive properties along with its carminative effect.
- Since soyah has anti-ageing characters, you can mix 2 drops of Dill seed oil with your regular skin care cream and keep your skin wrinkle free.
- Dill seed oil helps in increasing breast milk secretion in nursing mothers and to relieve neurological symptoms like headaches and anxiety.
- The oil soothes oral inflammation of throat and mouth.
- Dill seed oil is used to regulate the menstrual cycle and prevent early ovulation by acting as a natural contraceptive.
- If you are insomnia tic, just placing cold to warm bags immersed in water with Dill seeds allowed to soak for few minutes, on closed eyelids will help you in experiencing a calming effect.
- For peaceful sleep throughout the night, you can also add 2 drops of Dill oil every night in a burner, diffuser, or vaporizer.
- Soyah acts as a flavouring agent in different recipes; viz instead of coriander you can use fresh dill sprigs to chutney and get a fresh new flavour in it.
- You can also replace dill sprigs for coriander leaves in matar ki poodi or paranthas and get entirely a new taste.