Fire broke in a leather factory of Ghaziabad district on Friday morning. Uptil now 13 people
Five India Mart employees were charred to death while four others received burn injuries when fire engulfed its office in Ghaziabad on Saturday morning. All the injured were rushed to the hospital. The injured also included a fire department employee.
According to Kavinagar station officer Ashok Sisodiya, India Mart has an office on the second floor of a complex at Sector 14, Rajnagar locality. At around 10 in the morning, a loud explosion followed by a huge fire spread at India Mart office. The sudden fire created panic in the area. Scared of the huge fire, an employee jumped from the second floor window of the office but died on the spot.
On receiving the information, fire department vehicles also rushed to the spot and began dousing the fire. However, by the time, fire department controlled the fire, four employees had died due to suffocation.
While controlling the fire, Fire Safety Officer (FSO) Ramkishore, fireman Kripal Giri, Ram Gopal and Rishipal also received injuries. The police have identified dead as the India Mart employees Piyush, Punit, Chandraprakash, Ridam and Hemant. All the injured were rushed to hospital. Fire department officials suspect the cause of the fire as short circuit.