Hey! Do you think that the latest version of yours and my sleek smartphone are the most chick and cool gazettes in town: NOPE DUDE we are highly mistaken! Here the young Engineer Aman Saxena, working with a renowned mobile communication company planning to launch 4G in Lucknow, asks us to take a pause and get acquainted with the 10 adverse effects of radiations coming out of our advanced cells and the mobile towers:
- Memory loss
- Brain tumour
- Genetic damage
- Hearing problem
- Behavioural changes
- Weak immune system
- Leakage in the blood-brain barrier
- Risk of cancer
TosNews: “Ok Aman, will we have to chuck our beloved cell phones and net surfing to keep these problems at bay?”
Aman: “Not at all friends. Just keep the following precautionary points in mind and stay loose!”
- Use hands free while taking calls or use a Bluetooth headset.
- Keep the mobile phone six feet away from the body when not in use.
- We need to limit our usage of smartphones in its various applications such as net surfing and chatting.
- Never sleep with your mobile just beside you.
- Don’t use mobile in an area where the signal strength is too weak. This increases the amount of radiation from it.
- Avoid using mobile sets which have SAR values greater than 1.6 w/kg. The SAR value is always mentioned in the mobile details on purchase.
- PLEASE do not give the cell phones to your babies to play or talk, they are easily prone to radiations and their ill effects.
- Pregnant women should also limit cell phone usage.
- Do mention these points to all your loved and dear ones.
- Last but not the least; dear young friends do not get addicted to technology and have a good night sleep switching off your cells for the time you are in the arms of Lord Morpheus (God of Sleep).
Aman shares the technical aspect of exposure to radiations and what government has done to curb its adverse impact.
Mobile uses electromagnetic waves in microwave range which is a high range frequency wave. It works along with base stations from where BTS tower is installed. People living nearby the mobile towers are more exposed to radiations because these towers continuously send signals to connect with mobile sets.
However, the government has started taking some measures to optimise these radiations. This includes limiting Specific Absorption Rate Value to 1.6w/kg, distributing limited frequency spectrum, reducing the number of towers in a city and replacing the existing microwave antenna with optical fibre cables.
Still, prevention is better than cure, he signs off.