Massive traffic diversions have been put in place in view of IPL matches on May 19 and May 21 at Kanpur’s Green Park stadium. Keeping the matches in mind, on May 18 and 19, no entry restriction would remain in place until 2 am instead of 10 pm.
1) Barring roadways buses, all the heavy vehicles coming from Faizabad side would not come to Matiyari Kamta Crossing. Instead would turn towards Deva town from Barabanki itself and pass through Kursi Thana tri-section, Mahona-Itaunja, Muhammadabad and then to Sitapur.
2) Heavy vehicles coming from Faizabad barring roadways buses and intend to go towards Kanpur and Rae Bareli would turn towards Satrik Toll and turn towards Thana Kothi turning left from Barabanki tri-section towards Haidergarh Town police outpost and further towards Shivgarh, Bacchhrawan and then towards Rae Bareli.
3) Heavy vehicles coming form Sultanpur would be diverted from Haidergarh town itself instead coming towards Gosainganj.
4) Vehicles coming from Sitapur would be diverted from Atariya, Sindhauli itself instead of coming towards Lucknow. However, those vehicles which have to go to Barabanki and Faizabad would be allowed towards Madiaon.
5) Vehicles coming from Hardoi would not be allowed towards Raheemabad and would be diverted from Sandila itself.
6) Vehicles coming from Bangarmau and Mohan Road would be diverted from Mohan Road Crossing.
7) Vehicles coming form Raebareli instead of taking Bani Road tri-section for Kanpur would be diverted from Mohanlalganj towards Kanpur via Raebareli.
8) Vehicles coming from Chinhat, Ahimamau and Raebareli roads would not be allowed on Shaheed Path and instead of would take PGI, Mohanlalganj route from below Uthrethiya bridge.
9) Vehicles coming from Sitapur and Hardoi would be diverted from Para, Tikonia Crossing, Mohna Road, Hasanganj, Aseewan, Bangarmau, Nanamau, Bilhaur and then to Kanpur. Traffic from Lucknow towards Kanpur would also have to take the same route to reach Kanpur.
10) Vehicles between Bara Birwa to Sarojininagar area would also have to take Mohanlalganj route via Raebareli to reach Kanpur.
11) Similarly, traffic from Ashiana and Krishnanaga would also have to taken Ramabai Rally Sthal route to reach Mohanlalganj and then proceed towards Kanpur via Raebareli.
Commuters should keep in mind that diversion would be enforced at several important locations on Thursday