mahoba

Modi assures justice to Muslim women on ‘triple talaq’

PM Narendra Modi, today while addressing the public in Mahoba for the first time directly talked on ‘triple talaq’. He said that he was surprised to see how few political parties are favoring ‘triple talaq’ instead of Muslim women just for vote bank. Modi requested the media to make sure that the debate panel does not take the issue as a Hindu-Muslim sensitive subject or BJP versus other parties fight. The PM mentioned government’s answer to the petition in Supreme Court by some Muslim women and stated that it is the duty to of the government to ensure safety and justice to Muslim women like all other sisters of the country. Modi urged the Muslim intellects in favour and against the issue to call a debate and let people understand all the aspects thus. He stressed that Hindus who practice female foeticide should also be penalised equally.
Earlier in Lucknow, on the eve of Dussehra, the PM had indirectly spoken on the issue when he said this is the era of women empowerment and equality and irrespective of religion and region all women should get equal rights and freedom.
Modi did not miss the occasion to compare the U.P side Bundelkhand with SP-BSP in power and M.P Bundelkhand regions with BJP rule, in the light of development. He said that while both the regions had been allocated almost equal funds of Rs 3,500 to 4,000 crore, yet Madhya Pradesh side Bundelkhand has now secured 90 per cent water connections, UP side region only has 40 per cent connections.

It is noteworthy that in Uttar Pradesh the BJP has only 3 MLAs out of 19 constituencies in the region while BSP has 7 MLAs and SP has 5 MLAs. .,,…,… but while M.P showed a development of…..,the statistics of U.P , It is noteworthy here the in U.P, the Samajwadi Party utilised the centre allocated funds while in M.P, the BJP being in power directed the funds.
Speaking at a huge gathering with many expecting the PM to announce some relief for the people of the backward Budelkhand region in a poll-bound Uttar Pradesh and where the BJP has only 3 MLAs out of 19 constituencies in the region while BSP has 7 MLAs and SP has 5 MLAs, the Prime Minister instead went on to draw parallel between a BJP ruled Madhya Pradesh and SP-BSP ruled UP government and how it has impacted the development of Bundelkhand. UP side of Bundelkhand includes 7 districts — Banda, Hamirpur, Lalitpur, Mahoba, Jhansi, Jalaun and Chitrakoot.
Citing example, the Prime Minister said that regions of both the states got almost equal package of Rs 3,500 to 4,000 crore, yet Madhya Pradesh side Bundelkhand has now water connection at 90 per cent places while UP side region only has 40 per cent connection.
Modi said that while Madhya Pradesh has initiated 170 schemes and all have been completed, UP has initiated 70 schemes and none is complete. He also added that various studies show that only 32% of the region’s cultivated area is under irrigation which fails during droughts.The PM urged the people of Bundelkhand to ensure a BJP government in the state if they want development of the region.
The PM made a comment on SP and BSP governments as one busy securing its family and the other interested in gaining power by any means respectively. Modi claimed that only the BJP party is keen for people’s development and therefore they should once again bring it to power as they did in 2014 elections.
Modi said that BSP and SP have been using the public for their own selfish causes only while Modi is born to serve not to rule.

To recall, months before 2009 Lok Sabha elections, the UPA government led by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh had announced a Rs 7,266-crore package. Of which, Rs 3,506 crore was sanctioned to the UP side of Bundelkhand.

The package was from 2009 to 2012 initially, but was extended to March 31, 2015 because the state government could not utilise the money within the deadline.

However, even then, the then deputy chairperson of the now-defunct Planning Commission, Montek Singh Ahluwalia during his review and inspection of the package in December 2011 had found the work that had been done to be substandard and ordered withholding of the second installment of funds to UP.

Latest from NATIONAL

हिंदी समाचार
Go to Top