BJP chief Amit Shah launched tiranga yatra, an idea of Prime Minister Narendra Modi asking all MPs and MLAs and party workers until grassroot level to pay homage to martyrs in their respected areas, at Kakori after paying floral tributes at the spot of train robbery.
Addressing the gathering he said:
1) Will talk to PM Narendra Modi and ensure Centre develops Kakori as tourist spot.
2) Have come here to pay homage to the martyrs who laid down their lives after they robbed cash box on August 9, 1925 during British rule.
3) PM Modi wants youths to inculcate the feeling of patriotism
4) Nation will progress if youths are patriotic
5) Not the right occasion to talk politics
6) With SP-BSP governments for over a decade now, development of UP not possible
7) Incidents like Bulandshahar, Mathura will not stop with SP-BSP govts
8) Law and order will not improve
9) Farmers will not get water for irrigation purpose
10) People will not get electricity
Shah then had lunch at Mohanlalganj MP Kaushal Kishore’s house. Observers feel it was an attempt by Shah to make a connect with Dalits mainly pasi, the caste to which Kishore belongs to, ahead of vidhan sabha election. Shah was served lunch by Kishore’s wife Jai Devi, who is also seeking vidhan sabha ticket from Malihabad constituency, which had been nurtured by Kishore for many years before becoming MP in 2014 Lok Sabha election.