Two dozen huts turn into ashes as fire engulfs Guari village in Gomtinagar

Around two dozen huts turned into ashes as fire engulfed Gauri Village in Gomtinagar area on Tuesday as a spark from a cooking stove flew on a hut and spread to other huts. Eight fire brigade vehicles struggled for around 3 hours to take control over the fire. Fire Safety Office, Gomtinagar, Sheshnath Yadav told media persons that on Tuesday morning at 8:30 AM, a hut in a slum area of Gauri Village initially caught fire. It soon spread to neighbouring huts. Fast wind only aggravated the fire spreading to two-dozen huts. Residents tried to extinguish the fire but it became out of control.
Some residents made bid to save their luggage. However, barring a few, the attempt proved futile. Gomtinagar police and Gomtinagar Fire Station team reached the spot.
After a hectic effort of around 3 hours Fire department finally managed to extinguish the fire. No casualties were reported in the incident. Yadav told media person that the reason of fire was cooking food. In morning, Mubina Khatum residing in one of the huts was preparing food and a sudden spark flew on her hut that soon turned into a fire.

Latest from CITY NEWS

हिंदी समाचार
Go to Top